great songs at the Oscars went out the window when 3-6 Mafia won the award for "it's a hard life for a pimp"

At 01:47 PM 2/23/2009, Toochis Morin wrote:
I agree with your comments.  I wish Peter Gabriel got to perform his song.
toochis

From: Jeff Potokar <jpotok...@ca.rr.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:31:47 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] OSCARS---WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GREAT SONGS?

i agree, rick--add to that that 2 of the 3 of the nominated songs were from SLUMDOG.

and could the composer/songwriter from SLUMDOG have been any less ungrateful (or at least sounding and appearing so)? gimme a break with that.

Springsteen's song should have at least been in the running.

on a side note-- i also really missed showing a brief clip of the nominees-- usually giving just a taste of the performance they have been nominated for. the rather boring 5 panel salutes of being talked down to from the stage by past winners?? OK, the first time was unique--i had NO idea that was going to be the theme. and i think Michael Douglas had about 3 lines to say about Frank Langella??

man o man...

jeff