Fay Dunaway as Joan Crawford. I gather she couldn't get work for years
after that one. FRANC

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of
Michael B
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 4:43 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] TYPE-CASTING - Bruce's next Poll question

Starting the discussion on MOPO is great to test the interest of movie
buffs.

This, is surely gonna be a question for bruce (and get me a set of
books):

What star was so type-cast into one character or role that whenever you
watch this star the image of that character is inescapable?

I believe that without question  the most popular answer will be George
Reeves, SUPERMAN. (he was trained as a Shakespearian actor, only to find
himself getting jabbed by kids at supermarket openings when the kids
thought he was indestructible.  in fact, isnt there a movie about his
death, suicide vs. murder?

honorable mentions:

Margaret Hamilton, The Wicked Witch

Lucille Ball, Lucy Ricardo (which was the subject of my posting last
week)

Yul Brenner, The KING

The Munsters?  Shirley Booth as Hazel?  Batman?  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

who do you believe were the stars that couldn't escape one character?

CONVERSELY.........the other side for another poll question.........Who
had the most diversity to play any role?  Cagney from gangster to Yankee
Doodle Dandy, cary, bette................

michael

  _____

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store? Make meals
<http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000002> for under
$10.