Good morning all!

Right now I am entertaining inquiries into what easily may be one of the
most difficult movie posters to obtain for the film *Apocalypse Now*.

Everyone of course knows (and loves) the Japanese B0 artwork featuring the
Huey choppers flying in over the ocean, while a lone surfer is riding the
waves below.  The artwork is unforgettable, has brilliant color and is just
plain beautiful.

I recently acquired the *alternate* Japanese B0, designed by the legend Eiko
Ishioka, who also designed the helicopters/surfer artwork.  For those who
don't know, Eiko is also an Academy award-winning costume designer, who won
for her work on the costume design in Coppola's *Dracula*.

This alternate style features Marlon Brando's head coming up out of the
river, with the entire jungle behind him burning from the napalm unleashed
in the opening minutes of the film to The Doors' "The End".

At best, my sources put this at a very limited print run, as it was only
used for the premiere of the film and subsequent media previews.  It was *
not* used for the theatrical run of the film, and may have maxed out at a
very small run of fifty or less.  I am currently waiting to hear back from
Mrs. Ishioka for confirmation of the print run and the intended market for
this poster.

Most collectors have never even had the chance to see this incredible
artwork because of its extremely limited run.  I have had it brought up to
practically mint condition by Sylvia and her team at Precision Restoration;
in a few words, it is stunning.  You might never have another chance to see
this poster in this condition again.

I wanted to give the MOPO community the first opportunity to see it, as I am
considering taking it to Grey Smith at Heritage, with a substantial reserve.
If you are interested, I will be accepting offers for this piece before I
talk to Grey when it has been returned from Precision Restoration.  This is
a true piece of classic contemporary movie poster artwork, and is clearly an
incredible investment opportunity due to its rarity, its importance as one
of Eiko Ishioka's best examples of movie poster graphic design, and the
profound impact of the artwork itself.

Best regards,

Steve Zammar
dsoneshe...@gmail.com