From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of
Joseph Bonelli
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:52 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Vanessa Redgrave's controversy at the Oscars-- a
link to the story

Hi, Andrea, et. al., from Joe B in NOLA

As you've brought up the most controversial moment from Vanessa
Redgrave's career, I think that the story needs to be posted.
Here's the story-- albeit in a not-completely-objective article:

http://www.super70s.com/super70s/Movies/1977/Redgrave_Zionism_Speech.asp

Whether or not one agrees with Redgrave's politics on the matter of a
Palestinian homeland, the facts are clear:  Vanessa did not make a
"nasty comment about Jews." She decried the demonstrations outside.
 I remember the show vividly and the story, though not objectively,
reports what was said accurately.

Joe

PS-- Once again, I repeat Toochis' admonishment to drop political
discussions on MOPO.  I agree and only posted this to get the facts down
in reference to the Redgrave Oscar speech.

Joe