I changed the poll slightly to funniest movie dad.

Here is the final version:

Who do you feel played the FUNNIEST movie dad?

This week we are asking, "Who do you feel played the FUNNIEST movie dad?"
Over the more than 100 years of the movies, a staple of comedy movies is a
funny or eccentric father, who is sometimes a supporting character, and
sometimes one of the most central characters. It seems that the character of
the "bumbling dad" started gaining steam with Dagwood Bumstead in the
Blondie series, but one did not see many major movies with this character
playing a significant role until 1950's "Father of the Bride", and even
then, it seemed that there were far more bumbling dads on TV than there were
in major movies (which explains why most of our voting options are from
movies of the last 30 years).
     *IMPORTANT!* This is kind of tricky! We are not asking what character
in a movie who happened to be a father was the funniest ever, but rather we
are asking what character in a movie was the funniest DAD ever (so for
example, W.C. Fields was a father in almost every movie he made, but in many
of them the father/child relationship was very secondary to what makes the
movie so funny, so those performances should NOT be considered). Try to
focus in on the "funny father" performances, where it is the actual
"father/child" relationship that provides the humor! You are welcome to give
any second or third choices

Alan Arkin (The In-Laws)
John Candy (Summer Rentals)
Jim Carrey (Liar, Liar)
Chevy Chase (National Lampoon's Vacation [and sequels])
Lee J. Cobb (Come Blow Your Horn)
Sean Connery (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)
Rodney Dangerfield (Back to School)
Robert De Niro (Meet The Parents [and sequel])
Paul Dooley (Breaking Away)
Richard Dreyfuss (What About Bob?)
Peter Falk (The In-Laws)
Gene Hackman (Royal Tenenbaums)
Dustin Hoffman (Meet the Fockers)
Michael Keaton (Mr. Mom)
Arthur Lake (Blondie [and sequels])
Nathan Lane (Birdcage)
Eugen Levy (American Pie [and sequels])
Paul Lynde (Bye, Bye Birdie)
Steve Martin (Father of the Bride)
Steve Martin (Parenthood)
Darren McGavin (A Christmas Story)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids [and sequels])
Rick Moranis (Parenthood)
Eddie Murphy (Dr. Dolittle [and sequels])
Carl Reiner (The Russians Are Coming)
Adam Sandler (Big Daddy)
Spencer Tracy (Father of the Bride)
Clifton Webb (Cheaper by the Dozen)
Robin Williams (Birdcage)
Robin Williams (Mrs. Doubtfire)
Other (but PLEASE be sure to explain WHY you chose this option in the
comments field below)

How say MoPo members (if you are also a club member, please also vote in the
club and put your comments there as well)?

I owe Michael a set of books for this poll idea. Please e-mail me your exact
mailing address to my work e-mail and I will send them on Monday.

Bruce