You know how to whistle, don't you Steve? Just put your lips together, and blow!

Oh, Jerry, let's not ask for the moon...when we have the stars!

Richard Del Belso

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:11:22 -0400
From: hah...@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: [MOPO] MOST RECOGNIZBALE LINE IN A FILM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

I'll be back.

Hasta la vista, baby!

Go ahead, make my day.

Dave
www.posteropolis.com

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael B
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:53 PM
Subject: [MOPO] MOST RECOGNIZBALE LINE IN A FILM

What line from a film, STANDING ALONE, is the most recognizable AND KNOWN FROM
THE FILM IT WAS SAID?

consider:

   I am shocked to learn that there is gambling......

   Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

   There is no place like home.

   It was beauty that killed the beast.

While most people on MOPO are film buffs and know tons of dialogue, this new
poll question seeks to find the MOST RECOGNIZABLE LINE STANDING ALONE,

I have thought of a few others, but they are merely favorites of mine that
STANDING ALONE may not allow those both Young & Old to place them......maybe i
am wrong:

   Anything Norma Desmond said.......

   Fasten your seat belts, we're in for a bumpy night.

   She didn't kill him; she executed him.

("Play it, again, Sam" was never the precise line.)

let's have fun with this one----

michael

Need a job? Find employment help in your area.