And Phil, having seen that Robin Hood British 1 sheet, I imagine you'd be willing to risk swallowing one with the feather in it.
On the domestic UK 1 sheet question:
The Third Man British 1 sht that David posted a pic of has the London Films logo along with along with a "British Board of Film Censors A certificate" logo. There is also a 1 sht, pretty much identical, but missing London Films logo, and certification and marked Lion International, (not to be confused with the blue basic printed Lion version, most likely re- release or worse). The blue RR version appears on LAMP as original, here's the genuine International off Bruce's archive, (going back a bit though, not the best of pics).
http://www.emovieposter.com/imagearchive/poster/3619.html
You won't be able to see Lion International bit, but it corresponds with the blue RR (?) seen here in a better quality pic courtesy of Heritage.
http://movieposters.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=693&Lot_No=64326#Photo
It was my understanding that the London Films is indeed a domestic 1 sht, seemingly backed up by the existence of the Lion International version. (Though, rather confusingly, I've just noticed the quad David posted appears to have the Lion logo on it.) From this collector's pedantic perspective, regardless of this, and if relative designs weren't an issue, I'd always put a bit of a premium on a quad over a Brit 1 sht.
View it as THE British format.

Cheers,
Rich