De: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] En nombre de David
Kusumoto
Enviado el: Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:01 PM
Para: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Asunto: [MOPO] Correction - Lawrence of Arabia poster

In my last note I remarked that the first issue "camel" one-sheet to
"Lawrence of Arabia" -- that Bruce sold last year -- was the first poster
from the 1960s to command more than $10K.

I just remembered that there was a truly "insane" buy about 10 years ago of
a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" one-sheet at Christie's for about $14K.  Whether
it actually "sold" I don't know.  I say "insane" because unlike the
one-sheet to "Lawrence," the one-sheet to "Tiffany's" turns up so often at
auction.  In high demand, yes, but I don't think many knowledgeable
collectors consider "Tiffany's" rare.

-d.

www.filmfan.com

Send a message addressed to:  <mailto:lists...@listserv.american.edu>