Bruce excluded people like Chuck Connors from the poll, because he didn't have much fame in his athletic career.

-rk

On Apr 26, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Dave Rosen wrote:

Didn't see that poll. Was Chuck Connors mentioned? Not the best actor, by far, but he managed to take a little talent and stretch it a long way...

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Kim" <roger...@iname.com>
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 5:36 PM
Subject: [MOPO] Where is O.J.?

I read the results of Bruce H's best athlete-turned-actor poll, and I was surprised that there were no votes for O.J. I would have voted for him had I remembered to vote. I think O.J. had good stage presence, and the poll was asking for the best actor, not the least creepy.

Judging by the comments left by other members, Herman Brix, Esther Williams, and Woody Strode are probably better actors, but I'm not familiar with them. I do think that the top two vote-getters (Schwarzenegger and Weissmuller) would have made better extras than leading men.

-rk