I'll echo that, and here goes with some more lengthy and exasperating.
(ugh.)
The general quad discussion and Mean Streets touched on some of the things that interest me most. (Including a lovely nugget from Patrick about the 70's act on flammable material, something I had no idea about.) Maybe a bit trainspotter-ish, but hey, but only to be expected someone fixated on collecting disposable bits of paper.
The same would go for paper from any country.
I'm in the UK, I collect paper from a lot of countries, but my collection is primarily US material.
And it's the best of what I have.
Perhaps only to be expected given the comparative output of movies and their promotional material. But I think other countries can be a bit more challenging, and that helps keep things interesting. Michael, this was an earlier post of yours on the subject, which I initially missed and which I think only David responded to:

with all this talk about british quads, are we overlooking a discussion of GREAT BRITISH FILMS that have 14x36 inserts and 22x28 half sheets and 27x42 one sheets?

ironically, i purchased THE BRIGHTON STRANGLER half sheet and THE FALLEN IDOL insert from bruce Tuesday and tonite, respectively. both items are american posters and/or displayed in the US theatres.

THE LONG DARK HALL, another british film, has awesome artwork..........and cheap! this past year i got the one sheet and insert on ebay for 9.99 and 14.99, respectively.

BRIEF ENCOUNTER is a great film for the story, british streets, trains, restaurants, etc.

michael

Yeah, great, I personally wouldn't overlook paper from the US, or any country. I'm going to return to Hitch for a couple of examples of how I can see things. If you want country of origin on the early stuff, as we know, well, good luck. The US paper for the 39 Steps and The Lady Vanishes for instance are sublime, if you have the money once they turn up, easy and very good choices. But, only just recently I've seen the Australian daybills for those titles, and they are excellent. I don't think the art is quite as good as the US, but they are interesting, (as well as cheaper), alternatives, and I imagine they are most likely rarer still, which can make things even more interesting. I'd really rather it wasn't as simple as Australian daybills come from Australia. (I wondered for a long time the reason why, to my eyes at least, daybills seemed either amazingly good, or terribly rendered.) So anytime Phil, John Reid, Ari want to be lengthy and exasperating, on matters Australian bring it on please The more info the better for me please, it keeps it interesting, same goes for paper from Italy, France, Japan, etc and the US.

Cheers,
Rich