From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of
Claude Litton
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:55 AM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] ebay poster prices

I have been searching ebay almost daily since 1997.  My areas of search
are US originals Pre-1940 through 1960.  I collect mainly posters in the
upper price brackets.  In the last few years the amount of listings by
too many sellers with ridiculous prices has proliferated to the point
where the only thing certain is that not only don't they sell but more
and more are joining the pack.

The prices are so high that you can't even make a serious offer because
it will be so low that they will either ignore you or send you a snide
retort.  My reaction has been to totally ignore these sellers but it has
become a nuisance due to the number joining them.  There are some on
mopo who do this but I am not referring to Todd who uses his million
dollar posters to get people to look at his other posters for sale.  I
am talking about those who price all their posters at ridiculous prices.

I don't even look at ebay daily any longer but wait for Bruce and
Heritage to offer what I want.  (This is a good opening for Bruce to
comment.)  I am still trying to understand their motives.  Just look at
a one sheet of "Three Sons", a poster sold by Bruce for $56 recently and
priced at 10 times that on ebay.  Let's face reality - People who are
going to spend $500 and up on a piece of paper will know their item,
will research it and will be careful about their money.  $20 is an
impulse purchase.  $500 is not.  Can anyone explain these ridiculous
sellers' motives?

 CJL

  _____

Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy
<http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000006> recipes for the
grill.