I'm sorry.
i didn't mean to tread on the clubby atmosphere of dealers.
I have been a collector and sometimes seller all my life.
I have sold through auction houses (back in the day)
and on ebay.
I usually don't take part in most of the emails but from time to time do so.
And of course dealers point out their auctions through MOPO.
There is nothing wrong with high prices.
But please don't try and tell me your high prices are bargains
when they are not.
I was not attacking anybody but just giving my point of view which
is just as valid.
I am tired of seeing $150 posters on ebay with "great" Buy It Now
prices of $2,500! And that fact that those posters have been repeatedly
posted for over a year with no buyer only validates my point.
If you look at almost all the pre-1930 posters on ebay now
they all have outrageous Buy It Now prices.
Yes, that bother me.
So you dealers have choices to make. Either sell the items for what the market will pay
or keep asking the prices that no one wants to pay.
I have seen businesses die due to that later.
But I don't feel I was attacking
Just expressing my view.
Later I was asked to try and give an estimate on the items and I did.
no one refuted any of my arguments.
I kept it all on a business level.
I could give further business based assessments that further my arguments but I guess you dealers would just feel i was attacking again. So I won't.
I really didn't intend to make any enemies.
So I've stated my feelings and again I'm sorry if anyone felt attacked.
I'll keep my mouth and wallet shut.