It used to be fun hunting for the next poster, even hunting on the
internet used to be fun....not anymore...it seems a lot of dealers are
afraid of fair market value....again I use the same scenario as I have
done before...if you go to movie posters on ebay list by the highest
posters first, auctions only, you'll see what I mean.  You have to
scroll pretty long for anyone selling something without an extremely
high reserve, you'll have to scroll pretty long to find someone actually
bidding on a poster....the only one that seems to be generating some
interest is a saul bass window card.  Don't even get me started on the
buy it nows...3 breakfast at tiffany's one sheet the cheapest starting
at $7500 most say rare...rare? Really I just saw three in three
seconds...show me a British quad for war of the worlds and I'll show you
rare....an insert for 50ft woman for 10 g's....didn't a one sheet sell
for a lot less just less than one week ago.

Go ahead nail me to a cross  but I've become so disenchanted lately with
the dealer mentality (and it's not just movie posters).  Hey I
understand about profit, cost analysis, and all that jazz ...I've said
this before and I'll say it again...profit is one thing...blood from a
stone is another....now everyone seems to wait for their piece to bring
in the next big coinage....years gone bye, one would buy a poster for
$25, sell if for $75...a tidy profit...now if one buys a poster for $25
and hears one just for $500....guess what the new price of the poster
they have in stock...$500....or even $450 to make it seem like a
bargain.

I used to add probably a poster once a month to my collection...not
anymore...it's not that I have it all, I see a ton of material out there
that warrants a bid,  it's just everyone wants a kings ransom for it now
so guess what...they can keep in their stock rooms and I'll find
something else to keep the economy rolling.

Bruce aside, why can't we bring back fair market value, why be afraid of
the knowledge of the collector....if you want to sell a poster let the
people decide on the price it should sell...dealers should deal..not be
in retail.

_____________

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not
disclose,
distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender
immediately. In addition,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to
archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.