MoPo List [mop...@listserv.american.edu]; on behalf of; Jeff
[bley...@optonline.net]

I am a comparatively new mwmber of MOPO and have been following the fake
issue quite carefully.  Fortunately (or unforyunately), I do not collect the
Horror gendre of posters or lobbies, I confine my collecting to western
Lobbies and, at times, O/S.

Something bothers me, there are certain venders of these repro Western lobby
cards that advertise them on ebay.  However they are of the same dimensions
(11x14) as Original lobby cards.  What prevents a buyer of these repro from
them reselling them as original TCs?

Specifically, and I hope I am allowed to name the vender, but I do not see
anything wrong in doing so:   <http://myworld.ebay.com/arizona-ames/>
arizona-ames

He honestly advertises them as repros but they can then find there way into
the general population of real cards.  When ebay named buyers of cards, I
would see he buys them and invariably sells the original under another ebay
seller's name: 6-gun-rhythm.  And then, the repros come flying out.  He has
done this countless times with TCs from the 30's.  Here's an example of a
current ebay item (Item # 360187431789) and his description of a 40's Repo
Roy Rodgers TC:

Starring Roy Rogers, Smiley Burnette, George "Gabby" Hayes, Ruth Terry, Bob
Nolan and The Sons Of The Pioneers and of course Trigger,  for Republic
Pictures "Heart Of The Golden West". We offer this beautiful 11x14, print
taken directly from the half sheet ~ 1942!

We DO NOT mass produce these stunning Lobby Card Prints. We individually
restore, enhance and print these images on superior 100 lb. card stock. Each
and every one is evaluated for it's accuracy and quality by us personally!

Why shouldn't sellers of repros be prevented from printing them on 11x14
cards to prevent a new "fraud" from arising.  Why not print them on a
different size paper (i.e. 10x13) to ensure the lobby cards do not
"mistakingly" subsequently fall into the general population of true original
cards.  This is not a personal reprimand of this seller, but I find this
practice dangerous to the hobby, especially with what is currently going on
and could lead to a "new" fraud.

Am I wrong..Your valued opinions are very much appreciated.

Jeff