Rich,

This is what I was trying to point out on NSFGE. Looks to me that  art.com
is simply a retail outlet sourcing from various suppliers, and S2  the most
probable manufacturer/supplier of their limited edition lithos at  least.
Don't know about the other smaller art.com repro that Rich E mainly  used for
his comparisons. The selection of limited edition poster images  and sizes
they sell is very similar, even down to an Alien HS!!

Might be a complete red herring of course, as I've never seen an S2  litho
in person, and definitely not accusing S2 of any nefarious deeds, but  could
someone have doctored one of their posters?
Diane mentioned the unusual paper and some strange backing/residue, which
made me wonder whether the thickness had been altered or disguised. On NSFGE
you  said quality of printing might actually be better than the original,
but surely  people would be looking for poor/fuzzy quality when
authenticating, if  not comparing directly against another genuine copy. You
didn't seem
to  think it could be one of their posters tho - so maybe they just  started
from the same base image as the Profiles  one. Whatever the case, since
you're in the neighbourhood, it  certainly seems a good idea of yours to check
whether it is the same  image - if only to eliminate it from our enquiries,
as they might say in  a bad cop movie. Will be interesting to see your
report. Would  love an excuse to go to Vegas, but unfortunately it's a bit of a
long trek  for me...

Paul
_www.movieposterstudio.com_ (http://www.movieposterstudio.com)