I agree with Rich, but we also have to remember all of the  linenbacked,
restored posters in hundreds of collectors' poster collections out  there that
they've accumulated through the years. Just because a poster is
linenbacked, it shouldn't automatically be viewed as an inferior piece than an
unrestored poster (possibly in lesser condition).  Probably 99.9% of the
linenbacked posters out there are authentic and genuine. If the DEGREE OF
RESTORATION is a factor in the poster's worth, that's understandable...but not
simply because it is linenbacked.  Let's face it, the Auction houses have a
vested interest in solving this problem because a fair percentage of the
posters
 they auction ARE linenbacked.  If  a solution isn't found very quickly  to
come up with some kind of standardized method of declaring high-end posters
 to be genuine and authentic, Heritage and Profile in History...ALL of the
big  auction houses stand to lose a shitload of money because Joe Collector
out there  might stay away from linenbacked posters altogether.  It's
definitely at  the Auction Houses best interest to come up with a solution to
this
problem and  come up with it FAST.
They stand to lose a helluva lot more than any of us do.  How many of  us
are selling original Dracula or Frankenstein one sheets.  Hey, I  wouldn't
put one of the high-end posters from my "collection" up on eBay now if  my
life depended on it!

                                                      Rick