No. No. A thousand times no!

Regards

DBT

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/douglasbtaylor> Profile

From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of James
Richard
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 3:47 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] An odd incident on this past Sunday Heritage Auction

Grey,

Well, since your message ended up going public, I have two comments:

1) Thanks for the tip about Gavelsnip.com, I didn't know about that one.

2) Since it is possible to snipe Heritage auctions in the last micro-second,
wouldn't it be a good idea for Heritage to implement on its internet-only
auctions the same kind of "extended bidding time" that emovieposter.com uses
-- where if a bid comes in during the last couple of minutes the end time of
the auction is automatically extended by 5 minutes so that other bidders
have a chance to respond?

-- JR

Smith, Grey - 1367 wrote:

Jeff,

I am writing you privately concerning this as this does concern me and I
believe it  is because you seem to be unaware that there is a very good
snipe program that works on our site. Many, many use the program.

It is called Gavelsnip.com and is free to use. Also works on eBay!

I know the buyer of the lot you are concerned about and emailed him asking
him to perhaps privately email you and tell you how his bid was placed. It
may happen and he may not. He is a gentleman that lives in California and
buys frequently with us.

All the best,

Grey Smith