From: Jeff Herdan <bley...@optonline.net>
Subject: [MOPO] Thank You So Much Diane (Studio C)
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Date: Saturday, October 3, 2009, 11:39 AM

I’m not starting this message with “Hi Diane” as we normally begin emails, but,
if I may, I would like to start with:

Dear Diane,

I am a relative newbie to our hobby….I do not sell movie posters or lobby cards
but try to limit my collecting to western posters and title lobbies.

I started with posters from the 30’s of my heroes….Buck Jones (Ivory Handled
Gun), Tim McCoy (Outlaw’s Paradise ) and Ken Maynard (The Unknown Cavalier
insert from the 20’s) but found myself with a lack of wall space and my wife
did not initially appreciate the art they represent.  OK so I had to turn to
lobbies and had to curtail my purchases to title cards because there are so
many….I converted my basement into the “Ranch” and surround myself with my
heroes and also got Tom Mix, Rex Bell, Bob Custer, Bob Steele, Hoot Gibson...In
other words I really opened my walls to all my favorite cowboys.  I really
never bought any Horror posters or lobby cards.

OK, that’s me….but Diane (Studio C) THANK YOU so much for your efforts and
information.  You have done the hobby an extremely big service.  Without your
and the other people’s efforts we (the collectors) would not have any inkling
as to the goings on behind the scenes.

You deserve to be given the highest accolades and please, please do not pay any
attention to members like buymovieposters.com who do not appreciate the service
you have done.

I for one have the utmost respect and admiration for you and Studio C.

PS FYI, I bought the Buck Jones ‘Ivory Handled Gun’ poster several years ago
from Bruce when he was on eBay.  I paid almost $1,600 for it.  It was linen
backed and looks superb.  In Bruce’s description he noted that the linen
backing was done “almost surely Igor Edelman”.  I was concerned about its
authenticity and wrote to Bruce who assured me that it was an original.

Again, Diane, thank you so much for all your efforts and please ignore anyone
who criticizes you.  I shake my head with disgust that they can even do so.

My Best,

Jeffrey
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com