I was wondering the same thing this morning! I believe you can still get a nice
NM, rolled, DS copy for under the 39.00 bid price.

Doug

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: James Richard
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:26 PM
  Subject: [MOPO] Linen-backing a 2006 poster?

  Bruce's auction today contains a textbook example of how insane the whole
linen-backing craze became in recent years. Why would anybody pay to linen-back
a 2006 movie poster? And then do a poor job of it?

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=1587401

  ... and I'm not even going to go into the question of why there are already
10 bids on this offense to nature which have pushed it up to $39 with 3 hours
still to go...

  -- JR