Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 19:06:13 -0400
From: speedys...@aol.com
Subject: Re: [MOPO] CASABLANCA half sheet-no feedback ever posted
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU

Not that anyone is obliged to leave feedback, but yes, the feedback for this
seller is quite odd. As I think Michael pointed out a couple of weeks ago, the
seller hadn't received any for the other items he sold either. One new comment
has been added since then tho (for a watch) - "unable to receive paypal
payment, however returned money. item not received"
Looks like his PayPal account could have been frozen. Since ebay keeps its
actions secrets, we may never know whether that resulted from the sterling
efforts of MOPO members to report the Casablanca auction, or from another
dubious auction, or from a disgruntled buyer, or from some other misdemeanour
involving PayPal, etc etc. Having said that, he's still registered on ebay, so
hasn't been thrown off.

On the subject of another possibly more genuine half sheet that was mentioned
on MOPO previously, the $35 Notorious -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320430767855 - the seller
received a negative for not going through with the sale.

Paul
www.movieposterstudio.com

In a message dated 23/10/2009 19:18:35 GMT Daylight Time, jpotok...@ca.rr.com