28th, OCT.
10:45 am

jeff

On Oct 30, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Franc wrote:

It's hard to tell from this photo. I do know that if something is matted you absolutely have to find out how it is matted. The matt could be covering the fact that the borders were trimmed away. Also, a lot of older posters were mounted on cardboard which renders the posters virtually worthless. Nobody wants a poster dry- mounted on cardboard. the "one sheet" indicates "Trade Show" and a date which I can't read but makes me doubt it's an original one sheet.
FRANC
-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of Kerry Laws
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 1:33 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Could these be real? or repros?

hello mopo'ers,

i was trying to help a friend out who was looking at these framed posters (half sheets are 2, and the other appears to be a one sheet but have no size reference).

i told my friend that the red flag on the 2 of them (RIDE RYDER RIDE and SANDFLOW) is that they have been framed and matted, with the matte covering the printer's info, as the matte comes right to the edge of the artwork. Also, the Buck Jones piece just looks VERY new, to me. The VIRGINIA CITY, tho looks like it could be legit.

Anyhow... i thought i would post the images here, and ask for any thoughts or opinions. i know it's hard based solely on a photo, but it's a start.

thanks.
kerry