  From: flixs...@aol.com
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2009 8:05 AM
  Subject: [MOPO] OT But Maybe Not.... Top 5 Posters Of The Decade

      As some of you may be aware, we are coming to the end of first 10 years
of the 21st Century  (Damn does time fly by!  Just seems like yesterday Bruce
was giving me grief for listing a Breakfast At Tiffany's for $2500 :)

      So lists are being assembled, best movies, best television, best
non-fiction, best theatre, best music etc.  So I ask now everyone to
participate in something of consequence to the hobby/business.  What are the
top 5 US movie posters between 2000 and 2009 and the single best Foreign
Poster.   Who knows?  This may help usher in the handful that might actually
sell for something in the decades to follow if word gets out on the selections
by this savvy group.

      I must stress,  if someone picks a poster and you agree, don't change
your choices to be different.  It will be interesting to see if some degree of
consensus manifests.

      I am only suggesting to list 5 (and one foreign poster)  10 can really
become cumbersome.  So select five and rank 1 (best)  through 5.

  I'll  step up to the plate first:

  TOP 5 US POSTERS

  #1  MATRIX RELOADED holifoil (teaser full vertical streams)
  #2  WALK THE LINE       (flaming guitar)
  #3 THE DARK KNIGHT    (Ledger/Joker  Why so serious?)
  #4  CROUCHING TIGER  (vast rocky wasteland advance)
  #5   MOULIN ROUGE     (illuminated solo windmill at night)

  BEST FOREIGN POSTER
  AMELIE   (FRENCH with Audrey Tatou face and cafe below)

  freeman fisher
  Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at www.filmfan.com