Hello all,

     There are so many opinions flying around about this situation. As a
business owner myself, if I were put in that sitution, I do feel my first
obligation is to refund in full the money that was paid for the item. As the
business owner, it is my responsibility to then deal with my loss because I am
the initial person who had the transaction that caused the loss. While I'm sure
I probably would have made the same mistake since at the point of original
purchase from Haggard there was no reason to doubt the card was not an
original, once I resold it and it was determined to be a "fake", I feel it
would have been my responsibilty, not only ethically but morally,  to refund
the money.

      That is precisely why I have business insurance. It is then my insurance
company's responsiblity, if I put in a claim,  to recoup the loss even though I
am a very active participant in helping to recoup that money also. That is
exactly what happened in my Joe Hernandez theft case. In my case, UPS was
involved as the box was shipped to me practically empty and void of the 15+
posters that were supposedly being returned. Most business insurance policies
are set up this way, especially if you have a large, expensive inventory. I do
know that sometimes business owners are hesitant to put in a claim worrying
about their premiums going up or the possibility of being cancelled, and, in
this economy, more overhead costs are tough.

       I don't know the entire circumstances of this case, only what Jim has
told me. I hate to see him having to initiate another lawsuit (he's been
through so much already).  I'm sure Debi  is hurting from this situation also.
I can't speak to why the situation has escalated to this point.

Sue

www.hollywoodposterframes.com