Title: Movie Posters, Movie Poster Auctions at MoviePosterBid.com - Weekly Auctions Newsletter
MoviePosterBid.com auctions of Movie Posters, Lobby Cards, Stills & other Collectibles
MoviePosterBid Home Page | Poster Search
Special Event Auctions Page | Info Links
Register To Bid | Contact MPB
Weekly Auctions Newsletter
January 27th 2009

To Unsubscribe From Weekly Emails

MoviePosterBid News & Coming Auctions

Special Auction Part One Ends Today

Get Ready, Get Set, GO!!

The first of 2 very special auctions on MoviePosterBid.com entering it's final lap today.

We have a single consignor collection that has many great sought after and some very rare items that contains one-sheets, half-sheets, inserts, 30x40s and 40x60s. All of these except the 40x60s will be sold in 2 weekly auctions starting on January 20th and January 27th. The 40x60s will be sold in a third week following.

As of this moment, so many of these posters are at super-bargain prices, I couldn't possibly list them all here, but here are some examples of the bargains right now:

  • PLANET of the APES 1968 Linen 1sh .. Charlton Heston, Roddy McDowall Current Bid: $49.00
  • DIE HARD 1988 Advance 1sh .. Bruce Willis, Bonnie Bedelia, Alan Rickman Current Bid: $23.00
  • THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR 1968 1sh .. Steve McQueen, Faye Dunaway Current Bid: $12.00
  • ALIEN 1977 HS .. Sigourney Weaver, John Hurt *CLASSIC EGG IMAGE* Current Bid: $22.00
  • COOL HAND LUKE 1967 HS .. Paul Newman in one of his greatest roles Current Bid: $49.00
  • EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 1980 GWTW Style HS .. Hammill, Fisher, Ford Current Bid: $7.01
  • FROM HERE TO ETERNITY 1953 HS .. Burt Lancaster, Frank Sinatra, M. Clift Current Bid: $16.99
  • KING CREOLE 1958 HS .. Fantastic images of Elvis Presley + Carolyn Jones Current Bid: $34.99
  • HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER 1973 HS ..Clint Eastwood, Verna Bloom, Geoffrey Lewis Current Bid: $12.00
  • WRONG MAN 1957 HS .. Henry Fonda is wrongly accused *ALFRED HITCHCOCK* Current Bid: $11.00
  • UNFORGIVEN 1992 Quad Teaser .. Clint Eastwood, G. Hackman, M. Freeman Current Bid: $12.00
  • ROUSTABOUT 1964 30x40 .. Elvis Presley on motorcycle, Barbara Stanwayck Current Bid: $47.00
  • MIDNIGHT COWBOY 1969 X-Rated 30x40 .. Dustin Hoffman, Jon Voight Current Bid: $13.00
  • MOTHRA 1962 30x40 .. Classic TOHO Monsters.. RARELY SEEN SIZE Current Bid: $44.00
  • NATURAL, the 1984 30x40 .. Robert Redford, Glenn Close *BASEBALL CLASSIC* Current Bid: $6.00

Click Here to see a Gallery
of the auctions ending today

Note that this auction will have "Extended Time Bidding".
For more on this please Read Below.

Back to Top

Special Auction Part Two Begins...

Right after the current auction ends, we of course begin the next one and this one is even better than the first!!

To make sure everyone was awake and ready to bid, we saved the best stuff for last and this auction has many incredible items that don't often - if ever - turn up

Look at these title that are going to begin tonight!!

  • An Affair to Remember 1957 One Sheet and Insert
  • Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) Rare Insert!
  • 3 Godfathers (1949) Rare Insert!
  • the Mole People (1956) Half Sheet
  • Lone Ranger (1956) One Sheet, Half Sheet and Insert
  • High Noon (1952) Half Sheet window style
  • the Outlaw (1946) Rare Insert - Classic Jane Russell Image
  • Dirty Harry 1974 One Sheet
  • The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962) Half Sheet
  • Niagara (1953) Insert with great Marilyn Monroe image
  • Planet of the Apes (1968) Insert and Half Sheet
  • Cool Hand Luke (1966) One Sheet
  • Easy Rider (1969) Half Sheet, Insert + (1972) One Sheet
  • Le Mans (1966) Insert
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark 1981 & 1982R One-Sheets and Inserts
  • Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) US & International One Sheets
  • Hondo (1953) John Wayne 3-Dimension One Sheet and Insert
  • Never Say Never Again (1981) James Bond UK Quad
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey (1969) Insert
  • Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Frank Capra and much more!

Click Here to see a Gallery
of the January 27th Auction

Note that this auction will have "Extended Time Bidding".
For more on this please Read Below.

Back to Top

What is Extended Time Bidding??

What is Extended Time Bidding??

For the great auction we have the 2 weeks of January 20th and January 27th we have instituted Extended Time Bidding. Any bid placed within the last 2 minutes of an auction will extend the ending time of the auction by 2 minutes.

For further explanation.. Let's say an auction for the Mole People half sheet poster is going to end at 8:31:00 pm. If the last bid received on that item is more than 2 minutes before the scheduled end time, the item will end on time at 8:31:00 pm

However, let's say that another bid is placed with less than 2 minutes to go in the auction, it will add 2 minutes to the auction end time and now the auction will end at 8:33:00 pm. If another bid comes in when the clock is under 2 minutes, it will extend the auction until 8:35:00 pm.

This will continue until no more bids are received within the last 2 minutes of any auction. This will give every bidder a "second chance" to make another bid and score that item that they just don't want to get away from them, so they can add them to their collections

These 2 auctions contain many special items that are rarely seen for sale and everyone will want that second chance when something is slipping away at the final moments.

This will give the auction the same feel as an actual live auction where the auctioneer doesn't drop the hammer on an item until there are no more bids in the room, and everyone has exhausted their opportunity to place further bids.

Also, please note that after these 2 auctions end, our regular weekly auctions will return to the regular format with no extended time bidding.

To those who wonder how this will affect their bids: we in the hobby have already seen how this works at eMoviePoster who instituted extended bidding in 2008. The vast majority of items - over 90% - do not get extended as for most items bidding is long done before any item ends. But for those items like a 3 Godfathers insert, or a one-sheet for An Affair to Remember - there might be bidders who have second thoughts and decide to bid again. But for most bidders, the extended bidding will have absolutely no effect.

Anyone who wants to ask any questions, please use the Feedback form at This Link

These Items Will Start January 27th

These Items Will Start January 27th

Back to Top

To Unsubscribe From Our Weekly Emails:

Each week we send this message to all registered members of MoviePosterBid to let you know about the new auctions on MoviePosterBid.com -- We hope you find it valuable, but if you do not want to receive these weekly messages, just reply to this message and change the subject line to read "Stop Weekly Messages".

Back to Top

copyright 2009 MoviePosterBid.com 70168 3/19/09 - 70600 3/25/09 - 72438 4/7/2009 - 74148 4/21/2009 10:14p - 1/1/2010 1620m, 107931b