From: Zeev Drach <lobb...@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 20:35:26
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] 2009 Academy Awards Nominations and Winners by Category

VERY WEAK competition this year.  Really crappy.  Inglourious Basterds for Best
Picture??? Give me a break.  Another self indulgent piece by Tarantino. (The
Title alone was probably stolen from one of Tom's posts, he he.)
Jeff Bridges couldn't have dreamt up an easier competition, and Meryl Streep
can keep on going and racking up 25 nominations, let alone 16, if that is the
face of future competition. Avatar?  With such thin crop as this year, might as
well mail the Oscar to Cameron today.
No need to go as far back as 1939 to find a great year, just pick any year in
the mid 70's, for instance,  and see what the competition was like.

Zeev