From: MoPo List [mailto:mop...@listserv.american.edu] On Behalf Of Scott Burns
[concealed]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:52 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] 15 Years!

The "Victorian House" of movie poster discussion groups (as Rich H. described
MoPo earlier this week) is 15 years old today!

The first MoPo message was distributed via the American University listserv on
February 24, 1995. There had been a brief period prior to that when the first
MoPo members simply copied their posts to each of the 11 members.  Adam Ehrlich
was a student at AU at the time and was able to secure a spot on their listserv
and an automated MoPo began! I'm thankful we're still able to use AU's listserv
all these years later.

We may not have all the modern bells and whistles like some of the "younger"
discussion groups, but what we have still works...old school it may be. I credit all of
you, our loyal members, for that! Thank you for being here and sticking with it.

As I do every year, I want to recognize MoPo's first members...those people
here at the very beginning:

Mahtab Moayeri, Michael Danese, Rob Ellis, Donna Tschetter, Goh Kai Shen, Evan Zweifel, George Nichol, Cynthia Nemeth-Johannes, Adam Ehrlich, Static555 (thanks to the AOL e-mail system Mr.Static's true identity is forever lost) AND myself.
Michael, Rob, and Evan are still MoPo members.

I find it interesting that when there's conflict between those "other" poster forums, the debate often takes place on MoPo...case in point the "interesting" discussion between MPF and APF that occurred earlier this week. Perhaps I should take this as a compliment...after all MoPo is known for fairness, free speech and (most of the time) civility. The respect MoPo has achieved as the "granddaddy" of movie poster discussion groups is because of each and every one of YOU!
Thanks for another great year.

Scott
MoPo List Owner