  From: Doug Taylor
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2010 2:00 PM
  Subject: [MOPO] Top posters of the decade

  As we begin to close out the decade, it would be interesting for me to know
what many of you think were the top posters of the decade.

  Frankly, my focus is generally on older posters so I don't often give the new
ones much attention.partially because they are mass produced, partially because
I tend to be a bit of a Photoshop bigot and partially because I feel much more
artistic thought went into many of the older lithos.

  Having said that, new posters are the face of our hobby and will (or won't)
be coveted in 50 years.

  I've tried to start things off with a few that I appreciated, but am
certainly not particularly well-versed in posters of this decade.  Here are a
few to kick-off:

  2002     Secretary, advance

  2003     Finding Nemo, advance

  2004     Ocean's Twelve, advance

  2005     Batman Begins, advance A

  2005     V for Vendetta, style A, wilding

  2005     Walk the Line, advance

  2005     Inside Deep Throat

  2006     Superman Returns, advance

  2007     Premonition, style A

  2007     Sweeney Todd, advance

  2008     The Dark Knight, advance B (Why so serious?)

  I've posted pics from my list here:  2000 Decade OSs

  According to my, very simple list, 2005 seemed the most interesting year.

  Look forward to the thoughts from others.

  Regards

  DBT

  Profile