Welcome to America

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg <pickmeis...@cox.net>
Date:         Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:32:31
To: <MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Anyone surprised?

Guys & Gals...in retrospect, I was coming from a place of anger
regarding the death of Corey Haim, and forgive me if I assaulted any
tender sensibilities. It's just that I have watched so many of my
friends and fellow musicians die young, old and needlessly from drugs
that I just throw up my hands in dismay and frustration at times, and
sarcasm is often a deflection for me. Personally? I've almost checked
out early from the Big Hotel at least 3 times from ODs, and you know
what...it would have indeed been a stupid way to die, and I would have
left lots of sadness & wreckage behind. I guess I was just lucky, unlike
Mr. Haim.. I am so in the trenches when it comes to drugs, I work with
addicts as a musical counselor, and they are lovely amazing people, but
GOD they do dumb things to themselves. If I seemed less than sensitive
to Haim's death, it's just that I have seen too much of it, and
occasionally my brain explodes. I beg the group's pardon for being such
a seemingly insensitive dick.
Group hug?
Greg Douglass
PS-I still think LOST BOYS is overrrated. I ain't taking that shit back.