I don't want to turn this into a major MoPo event, but feel I do need to
comment on Andy's reply to my post yesterday.

Regardless of whether you call it "moderation" or "censorhip" the result is the
same. It's not something I feel comfortable with in a free and open forum. I
feel it harbors ill-will and is detrimental to the health of a group.

Adults should be expected to act like adults and take responsibility for what
they write. Only in an extreme situation should a listowner interfere with the
exchange. Thankfully there have been very few instances where any intervention
has been necessary...a credit to our membership.

I'm totally baffled by Andy's comment that by singling out his and Bruce's
comments on this PUBLIC forum I have "censored by examining." Huh? I call that
"discussion." That's how this list works. Everyone IS allowed to respond to
what another posts on MoPo and voice an opinion. Andy's logic on this point
escapes me. I will say to Bruce that I took his comment as criticism of MoPo
and its members....upon re-reading his post there was obviously a breakdown in
communication...I misunderstood Bruce's not so well-communicated post...both
parties guilty! :)

How others choose to run their forums is their business. People are free to
choose to participate where they are most comfortable. But I find it ironic
that when people have a bone to pick with Andy's forum they come here. That
says something about us doesn't it?

And for the record, discussing MoPo business is ALWAYS on-topic especially when
you own the list...no OT required in the subject line. I'm sure Andy made that
comment in jest (yes I saw the smiley face) ...I just wanted to confirm the
on-topic status.

Scott
MoPo List Owner