I think, after all these years of accusations, some maybe real, others not,  of
Shill bidding (by the way I do know of a mopo member who certainly PROTECTED
his items in the past – dint think he does anymore)
We become paranoid, I no nothing about this case, but would like to think we
can get proof before accusing, or at least a history of coincidences.
My favourite sale, was a 20,000 leagues under the sea daybill (reissue), my
favourite, because it was one of my first sales, but also and mainly because
the buyer became a friend.
BUT he emailed me on the 1st day of auction, and said I have bid on your
auction, $US1,000 max bid, so Im sure I will win, but I am going on holidays
for a few weeks, hold onto it, when I win don’t worry Ill pay.
Well he did, $30 or something.
Knowing  what he told me I could have put a fake bid in at $999 and laughed all
the way to the bank.
Was he stupid telling? Yes, was he lucky I didn’t screw him, well I guess yes.
I never was going to, anyways he became a good friend (email and telephone), I
lost touch, which is sad, but he is blind (Imagine a poster collector who is
blind? But he at this time did have one eye), and I suspect maybe dead.

Anyways, back to Shill bidding, we all know the history and names involved,
accused, caught out, etc. End of the day, while I hate it (and wait till you
bid on live auctions), I can’t see it will ever be resolved, bid what you want
to pay. You lose? Ahh well, not the end of the world.

Ari
PS I must say again I am AGAINST shill bidding