Thanks for an interesting and informative post. Excuse me, I'm on my way to go bang an altar boy.
Greg Douglass
Carlos Duenas wrote:

A good candidate for meanest villain would be the warden Norton from The Shawshank Redemption, but since he is only a fictional character I´ll vote for Amon Goeth from Schindler's List played by Ralph Fiennes as the meanest villain.

Amazing the villain in Schindler's List was not fictional and more amazing the hero of the movie, another real life character, Oskar Schindler, who saves hundreds of lives was a Catholic, member of the same church of Joseph Alois Ratzinger, Benedict XVI, the Pope who another member of the list suggested as meanest villain even though he is not an actor.

For those who don’t know it The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith is not a movie is the institution within the church that promotes and safeguard the doctrine on the faith and morals throughout the Catholic world.

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_pro_14071997_en.html

One reason the Catholic church is the longest lasting institution in the world is that it has preserved the same faith and morals for more than 2000 years.

Like his predecessor, John Paul II, Benedict XVI is theologically conservative and his teachings and writings defend traditional Catholic doctrine and values. He advocates to return to fundamental Christian values in response to increasing de-Christianisation and secularisation. He views relativism's denial of objective truth, and the denial of moral truths in particular, as the central problem of the 21st century.

Usually those how oppose the Pope’s teaching are in favor of homosexuality and what John Paul the II described as “The Culture of Death”

"To claim the right to abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia, and to recognize that right in law, means to attribute to human freedom a perverse and evil significance: that of an absolute power over others and against others. This is the death of true freedom."

-- John Paul II, The Gospel of Life

At last, I like to thank the member of the list who bought up Joseph Alois Ratzinger as villain allowing me the opportunity to share some truths with all.

Best regards,

Carlos Duenas