What the hell is a "Murgatroyd"?
John W

________________________________
From: Bruce Hershenson <brucehershen...@gmail.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Sun, May 23, 2010 8:01:06 AM
Subject: [MOPO] Heavens to Murgatroyd! 95 of our Sunday offerings of bulk lots,
glass slides, movie mags, exhibitor mags, German programs & bulk lots are still
at $3 each or less with just 7 hours to go!

Three times every week out we auction hundreds of items that sell for low, low
prices. Ourcurrent Sunday items (247 glass slides, movie magazines, exhibitor
magazines, German programs, scripts and bulk lots closing TODAY, May 16th,
includes lots of excellent items still at low, low prices! Many of the poster
and other bulk lots are still under $1 per item!
If YOU have never discovered the great values offered by these uncommon movie
collectibles, it is not too late to start! Many of them sell for FAR less than
posters or lobby cards from the same titles (AND WE HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF GREAT
POSTER, LOBBY CARD, AND MAGAZINE "BULK LOTS" THIS SUNDAY!), and some of them
are from titles you virtually NEVER see at all! There are LOTS of wonderful
items in these auctions you will likely not see any time soon, so you should
surely check them out, even if solely to "window shop"! Isn't it time YOU
discovered the eMoviePoster.com difference?

How great are the current values? Well, these are ending in just 8 hours, and
they include 28 that don't even have an opening bid, 63 that are still at $1
each or have no bid, 95 at $3 each or under, and 110 at $5 each or under! And
there are lots of "fun" items in these "bottom 110" items including bulk lots
and 1920 Photoplays with incredible covers by Rolf Armstrong, most of which are
$4 to $6 each, which seems pretty insane to me!!

Of course, once you get OVER just $5 (and remember that you can never ever get
an item for less than $15 from our competitors with their INSANE $14 buyers
premiums!), you start hitting lots and lots of "better" titles, but an awful
lot of those are currently at VERY reasonable prices, far under what some of
them have sold for in the past, including:
3h159 CLEOPATRA glass slide '17 different image of Theda Bara as Queen of the
Nile on her throne!
3h001 LOT OF 235 FOLDED ONE-SHEETS lot '65 - '85 Empire Strikes Back R81,
Pennies From Heaven + !
3h002 LOT OF 231 FOLDED ONE-SHEETS lot '57 - '96 The Mechanic, Poltergeist,
Private Benjamin + more!
3h030 LOT OF 48 UNFOLDED INSERTS lot '67 - '85 Jeremiah Johnson, Empire of the
Ants, Caveman + more!
3h018 LOT OF 44 WINDOW CARDS lot '63 - '69 Outdoorsman, Thoroughly Modern
Millie, Firecreek + more!
3h003 LOT OF 118 FOLDED ONE-SHEETS lot '60s - '90s Rooster Cogburn, High
Rolling in a Hot Corvette!
3h017 LOT OF 74 TRIMMED WINDOW CARDS lot '56 - '70 On Her Majesty's Secret
Service + many more!
3h193 POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL glass slide '17 Mary Pickford as a sheltered 11
year-old girl!
3h016 LOT OF 24 FOLDED INSERTS lot '49 - '78 Island Women, Station Six Sahara,
Dear Brigitte + more!
3h005 LOT OF 52 FOLDED ONE-SHEETS lot '48 - '91 Halloween II, Hannie Caulder,
Risky Business + more!
3h004 LOT OF 59 FOLDED ONE-SHEETS lot '65 - '96 King Kong, Flashdance, Theatre
of Blood + more!
3h200 WILLIAM S. HART glass slide '20s fantastic portrait of the tough cowboy
star!
3h188 OUR DANCING DAUGHTERS glass slide '28 sexy flapper Joan Crawford dances
w/Johnny Mack Brown!
3h006 LOT OF 47 FOLDED ONE-SHEETS lot '66 - '90 Swamp Thing, Tarzan the Ape
Man, Julia + more!
3h182 MOTHER'S JOY glass slide '23 wacky art of Stan Laurel in child's outfit
holding toy!
3h143 LLOYD'S OF LONDON final draft script August 7, 1936, screenplay by Ernest
Pascal
3h079 PHOTOPLAY magazine October 1920 art of Mary Pickford with kittens by Rolf
Armstrong!
3h024 LOT OF 16 WHITE CHRISTMAS ITEMS lot '54 promo cards & ad mats!
3h031 LOT OF 10 UNFOLDED INSERTS lot '45 - '66 Man in the Gray Flannel Suit,
None But the Brave+more
3h167 HAROLD LLOYD glass slide '20s great portrait with Bebe Daniels & Snub
Pollard!
3h037 LOT OF 34 UNFOLDED ONE-SHEETS lot '90 - '01 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,
Batman Forever + !
3h008 LOT OF 42 FOLDED ARGENTINEAN POSTERS lot '56 - '67 Sodom & Gomorrah,
Reach for the Sky + more!
3h009 LOT OF 62 LOBBY CARDS lot '54 - '89 Bus Riley's Back in Town, Busy Body,
Roadie, Fatso + more!
3h127 CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN first continuity draft script September 20, 1949, by
Lamar Trotti
3h163 EXILE glass slide '17 Madame Olga Petrova, directed by Maurice Tourneur!
3h184 MYSTERY OF THE DOUBLE CROSS glass slide '17 Molly King, the feature
serial of perils & love!
3h176 KNIGHT OF THE TRAILS glass slide '15 William S Hart in a story of a man's
regeneration!
3h177 LA BOHEME glass slide '26 pretty Lillian Gish, John Gilbert, directed by
King Vidor!
3h157 BIRTH OF A NATION glass slide R22 D.W. Griffith classic post-Civil War
tale of Ku Klux Klan!
3h093 SCREEN PLAY magazine July 1931 wonderful art of pretty Marlene Dietrich
by Henry Clive!
3h175 KIT CARSON style B glass slide '28 art of Fred Thomson + cowboys & Native
American Indians!
3h014 LOT OF 10 LOCAL THEATRE HERALDS lot '38 - '50 all the top female stars of
that period!
3h015 LOT OF 10 LOCAL THEATRE HERALDS lot '39 - '49 all the top male stars of
that period!
3h174 INTERFERENCE glass slide '28 colorful image of William Powell in first
Paramount talkie!
3h171 HIS DAY OUT glass slide '18 Billy West in barber chair between Leatrice
Joy & Oliver Hardy!
3h041 LOT OF 11 SCREEN ALBUM MAGAZINES lot '54 Liz, Doris Day, Betty Grable,
Esther Williams + more!
3h040 LOT OF 23 UNFOLDED DOUBLE-SIDED ONE-SHEETS lot '96 - '08 Truman Show,
Royal Tenenbaums + more!
3h147 PRIDE OF ST. LOUIS revised final draft script July 9, 1951, screenplay by
Herman J. Mankiewicz
3h186 NTH COMMANDMENT glass slide '23 Colleen Moore, James Morrison, from the
Fannie Hurst novel!
3h019 LOT OF 22 WINDOW CARDS lot '66 - '69 Secret War of Harry Frigg, Bliss of
Mrs. Blossom + more!
and on and on and on and on!
Your money goes further with us!
Some auction houses treat their buyers as though they are "marks" waiting to be
"fleeced"!
They SAY their auctions are "$1 no reserve", but actually they are "$15 no
reserve" when take into account their minimum $14 buyers premium.
They SAY many of their items are in excellent condition, but all too often the
buyer receives an item that is in far lesser condition than they said.
They EVEN trick you with the images, using "stock images" or "enhanced images".
Worst of all, some use "house bidders" who seem to have a spooky ability to bid
just under the amount the real bidders were bidding!
     But in eMoviePoster.com auctions, "$1 no reserve" means just that, and
every week we sell lots and lots of items for just $1, $2, or $3! And every
item is honestly described, with a super-sized unenhanced image of every item.
And every item is truly sold, and to the highest bid placed by real bidders!
     This week, we are auctioning over 1,500 lots in our Tuesday, Thursday, and
Sunday auctions, and it is virtually a certainty that some percentage of them
will sell for "bargain" prices, and there may be some absolute "steals", and
because we have such a HUGE selection, you can easily find extra items to add
to your order and not pay any extra U.S. shipping, and that can be a huge
savings! Remember that, unlike the majority of "hobbies", where the money you
spend on your hobby is gone forever, the money you spend buying movie paper
will almost certainly be recovered the day you ever sell your collection (and
many, many collectors have made lots of money on their collection over time,
because unlike stocks, vintage movie paper continually rises over time!).
So if you are one of our very few past customers who have NOT yet registered to
bid in our auctions (it just takes a minute or two to do so), why not go to our
Registration page and sign up now, and you will join the other 7,168 movie
paper collectors who have already signed up to bid on our auction site?
     And if you are one of the 6,100+ in our e-mail club, you get our 9 Vintage
Hollywood Posters books with the purchase of any ten items from any of our
three sets of auctions, and you get all of our 17 in print books with the
purchase of any fifteen items from any of our three sets of auctions. YOU CAN
PURCHASE OUR 10 (or 15) LEAST EXPENSIVE ITEMS AND THEN SELL THE BOOKS ON EBAY
FOR WAY MORE THAN YOU PAID FOR EVERYTHING (as many dealers have proven over and
over)!Don't forget the many bulk lots offered this Sunday!
      Savvy dealers are scarfing up the great bulk lots we offer, and are
re-selling them item by item and making big bucks doing so! If YOU have been
looking for a source for inexpensive inventory (or an instant collection!),
don't let the many great bulk lots we offer pass you by. Often items within
each bulk lot sell for just a couple of dollars each or sometimes much less!

Got to http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/15.html to view them, but you only
have 8 hours left to do so, because they start ending at 3 PM CST THIS
AFTERNOON (NOT this evening!)!
And now you can browse the items in ALL of galleries at one time in our All
Auctions gallery at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html!

Bruce Hershenson and the other 26 members of the eMoviePoster.com team

P.S.About the exhibitor magazines we are auctioning this Sunday

     Since we started the Sunday auctions, we have been auctioning amazing
collections of glass slides, movie magazines, presskits, and German programs.
Three weeks ago, we added a new kind of collectible to our Sunday auctions!
These are exhibitor magazines, which, unlike movie magazines, were SOLELY sent
to theater owners, which makes them far more rare than regular movie magazines.
     In the 1910s and 1920s, there were lots of different titles of these
magazines, and theater owners would subscribe to them so that they could keep
up with the latest releases, decide which ones to book for their theater, and
also see ads for current movies plus ads for accessories that theater owners
needed. Each issue is filled with lots of information on then-current movies,
including how much they were taking in (because that was the information of
most interest to theater owners).
     All of these magazines are in remarkable condition, and they are very
rarely offered for sale!  We have been consigned a fairly large collection of
exhibitor magazines, and we will continue adding them to our Sunday auctions,
as time permits.
P.P.S.About the original vintage movie scripts we just began auctioning in this
Sunday's auctions
     Because we have now auctioned all of the presskits we were consigned, we
added another type of collectible to our Sunday auctions.  THESE ARE ORIGINAL
VINTAGE MOVIE SCRIPTS! We will have an informative paragraph about them on
those auctions.Note that EVERY one of the scripts we are auctioning are 100%
genuine and from the time the movie first came out (there are unscrupulous
dealers on the Internet who take original scripts and copy them and then sell
those copies as if they were originals). If you are new to collecting vintage
scripts, here are some important things to know:

Please realize that the prices of scripts do NOT correlate to the prices of the
corresponding posters from those movies! There are cases where the posters sell
for little and the scripts are quite valuable, and vice versa.

KNOW THAT ORIGINAL VINTAGE SCRIPTS ARE FAR MORE RARE THAN POSTERS FROM THE
CORRESPONDING TITLES! An initial outline or treatment would have had a tiny
number of them printed, perhaps 5 or 10. An early draft prior to a final
shooting script of a movie might have had 10 or 20 copies produced. And even a
final shooting script of a film might have had a couple of hundred copies
printed. And, of course, very few of these scripts survive, because no one
valued them at the time. This was true all the way into the 1990s (long after
collectors began placing a premium value on vintage posters, very few
collectors sought out original vintage scripts, which means there is an extreme
rarity of even 1990s scripts, and very few authentic scripts of the last forty
years are offered for sale or auction)