  From: Paul Gerrard
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 9:31 PM
  Subject: [MOPO]

  Certainly is a beautiful daybill. Has that feeling of old Hollywood which is
an important element of course. Noticed by contrast the Aussie one sheet
follows the US design, which brings a question to mind. Did the Richardson
Studios only produce daybills, or did they venture into other formats?

  I’m also fond of the Gorgon-like Polish Sunset Boulevard, though it’s less of
the noir and more of the mad-as-a-box-of-frogs drama queen. As for Double
Indemnity, I think the Spanish one sheet sort of works with its bizarre surreal
images.

  Several of my faves have already been said by other MOPOers, but I think the
Thieves’ Highway one sheet echoes the noir look, and the They Live By Night one
sheet has always appealed with its tagline and flame-engulfed car.

  Paul

  www.movieposterstudio.com

  In a message dated 11/06/2010 04:28:07 GMT Daylight Time, p...@cinemarts.com