Thanks, Peter. Much appreciated.

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: P Molitor
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU ; Dave Rosen
  Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 10:37 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] Gambling With Souls: Need help with date...

        Dave, I couldn't find any newspaper advertisements later than 1943, and
the '40s dates are very sporadic, suggesting a disorganized (roadshow)
"re-release."  The main release period where it's titled "GWSs" is from '36 to
'39, obviously corresponding to it's creation and first release.

        Also, JD Kendis was the film's original producer, and he and Jay Dee
Kay (his production company and the producers of the film) are also prominently
mentioned on the TC - something that was rarely (never?) done on re-releases or
roadshow presentations, where most production credits were stripped off
advertising material.

        Finally, I think the general style of the cards is definitely '30s vs.
'40s.

        Granted, I don't have a pb or anything and it's all pretty
circumstantial, it's just that there's absolutely nothing to suggest that these
are a later release.  If they were mine, I'd be completely satisfied they're
original release.

        HTH.

        --Peter