Hi All,

Coming to this conversation a little late.

I think I was the first one shown this figure way back in 1987 or '88.

It was Ken Kramer who found the figure advertised in The Recycler. It had been
part of a traveling carnival and the head and hands had been repainted a lurid
green.

Restoration was done by Dave Miller, who's a very accomplished makeup artist
but
- per Ken's instructions - was asked to essentially destroy much of Jack
Pierce's work with new paint and resculpting.

Ken was looking for $10000 (may as well have been a million, I was a poor
student at the time) and turned down my trade offer of a genuine ANH Darth
Vader
helmet and armor (which in today's market was actually the wrong choice for him
but worked out well, at least $$$-wise, for me. 'Course I'd still rather have
the Karloff figure...)

I was not at the Ackerman sale, but per Forry and others, most of the buttons
disappeared off the costume while it was on display there. Who now will dare to
admit to having a BoF coat button?

Per Ken, the piece ended up overseas somewhere and has not been seen since.

Please add more to this Todd if you can.

Cheers,

Ron