Thanks all for your advice.  My poster is thin paper stock, so it is sounding
like the majority would suggest backing onto linen (with all the various
caveats that have been raised). cheers MOPOers! n

--- On Tue, 5/10/10, Kirby McDaniel <ki...@movieart.net> wrote:

From: Kirby McDaniel <ki...@movieart.net>
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Linen-backing versus Paper-backing
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Date: Tuesday, 5 October, 2010, 20:21

Todd,"Rolled too tightly" is the deal here.  Card stock posters may be rolled,
but I would not give themat LEAST a six inch diameter roll.  I would NOT store
them that way.  Store them flat.  Otherwisethey should be fine.  But if they
are rolled too tightly, they will migrate on the linen and that is not good.
Paperbacked card stock posters should not be rolled at all, ever.
Kirby McDanielwww.movieart.net