If you want a comprehensive clean sweep of your identity on the web, keep in
mind that it's labor intensive.  But you should start with Intelius.com where
more data is displayed for public viewing BEFORE anyone has to sign up for a
background check subscription.  Be aware of the following sites:

www.Intelius.com (more draconian)
www.Spokeo.com
www.Peoplefinders.com
www.Peoplesearch.com

** You can't opt-out at Intelius.com in a simple way.  Here's the boilerplate
on their site; the most pertinent is highlighted in bold:

"Public records are available from the official public records custodian or
repository to anyone who requests them. In order for any database of public
records to be useful, the databases must contain all of the information in the
public records offices. If you have a compelling privacy or security issue, you
may wish to contact the official custodians of those public records that
contain sensitive information about you, such as your county's land records
office, to determine how to remove your information from the public record.
(The process of having public records sealed typically requires a court order.)
This process will ensure that the information is not available to the public,
to us, or to any other public records information provider."

"In addition to public records, personal information may be publicly or
commercially available. Publicly available information consists of online and
offline information that is generally available but is not maintained by a
government agency, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers of
individuals and businesses, professional licensing and trade organization
information, press releases and newspaper articles and content from blogs or
social networking sites. Commercial records consist of information that is
maintained by enterprises and is available for purchase, such as marketing and
telemarketing lists, phone connect and disconnect information, and business
profile data."

"As a courtesy we allow you to opt out your personal information from our
Website. What this means is that your name as it appears in a particular record
and the associated identifying information such as your address and phone
number will be suppressed if you request this in the manner described below.
However, please note that any time your identifying information appears in a
public record or in a publicly or commercially available manner, in a way that
is different from the particular record you opted out, it will again appear on
our Website. For example, if your address or area code changes, your new
information -- including other associated identifying information -- will again
appear unless you opt out the new record. Similarly, if the way in which your
name or address appears in a record differs from a record you opted out (e.g.,
"Michael" instead of "Mike," or "1212 Second AVE NE" instead of "1212-2nd
Avenue Northeast"), we may include the differing record. In addition to this
Website, there are many other companies offering public records search
services, and your request that we opt out your information from this Website
will not prevent your information from appearing on these other services."

"In order for us to suppress or opt out your personal information from
appearing on our Website, we need to verify your identity. To do this, we
require faxed proof of identity. Proof of identity can be a state issued ID
card or driver's license. If you are faxing a copy of your driver's license, we
require that you cross out the photo and the driver's license number. We only
need to see the name, address and date of birth. We will only use this
information to process your opt out request. Please fax to 425-974-6194 and
allow 4 to 6 weeks to process your request. We will only process opt out
requests received by fax and no request will be processed without complete
information (i.e., name, address and date of birth). Requests for opt out will
not be processed over the phone or via email."