I agree with everything Peter said. I've always called the show Two and a Half
Jokes because that's all there ever was to it.

Dave
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: peter contarino
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:40 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] ONE AND A HALF MEN

  I have to agree with Ade on this. I don't tend to jump into threads but this
guy is so annoying I feel the need to vent. First, with the world blowing up
around us, I can't fathom how this is newsworthy. It's speaks poorly for the
media and the public in general. Secondly, Two and a Half men is a really
mediocre, low-brow show. Thirdly, I don't know Sheen but he seems like a real
scumbag and is marginally talented at best.

  I will depart with Ade on his comment that it is not up to US sitcom
standards. I think it is completely on par with the absolute dreck that
dominates the airwaves. I can scarcely think of a comedy that is any more
interesting than the commercials funding them. There are several decent
comedies on some of the pay channels but the Majors have set the bar so low
that it is scarcely worth the trouble to watch.

  I feel better now.

  -peter