also, let us not forget that "Frankenstein" is Colin Clive
Karloff is "the Monster"

the monster has come to be known as Frankenstein in the film lexicon, but it is a misconception

At 06:24 PM 4/18/2011, Bruce Hershenson wrote:
Why did he only get fourth billing?

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Richard Halegua Comic Art <<mailto:sa...@comic-art.com>sa...@comic-art.com> wrote: Karloff is fourth billed on this title, which is the same place he has on that ad

At 06:07 PM 4/18/2011, Bruce Hershenson wrote:
Notice the weird image of the monster and Karloff's weirdly low billing. I wonder if they had even signed him at that point, or if they even had a script.

Bruce

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Ron Moore <<mailto:cinemaicon...@yahoo.com>cinemaicon...@yahoo.com > wrote: No, that's extremely different from anything I've ever seen or dealt with on the title..

--- On Mon, 4/18/11, Bruce Hershenson <<mailto:brucehershen...@gmail.com> brucehershen...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Bruce Hershenson <<mailto:brucehershen...@gmail.com> brucehershen...@gmail.com> Subject: [MOPO] Any of you experts seen this Frankenstein ad anywhere before?
To: <mailto:MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU>MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Date: Monday, April 18, 2011, 8:09 AM

<http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/pb_spirit_of_notre_dame_front_and_interior.jpg>http://www.emovieposter.com/images/announcements/pb_spirit_of_notre_dame_front_and_interior.jpg

This is an interior page from the pressbook for Spirit of Notre Dame. It includes an advance ad for "Frankenstein" (billing it as "The biggest picture of the year"), with art I have not seen anywhere else (and which likely has not been seen for decades)! Any of you experts seen this Frankenstein ad anywhere before?
--
Bruce Hershenson and the other 25 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874

Bruce Hershenson and the other 25 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874
West Plains, MO 65775
Phone: <tel:417-256-9616>417-256-9616 (hours: Mon-Fri 9 to 5 except from 12 to 1 when we take lunch)
<http://www.emovieposter.com/>our site
<http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html>our auctions

Bruce Hershenson and the other 25 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874
West Plains, MO 65775
Phone: 417-256-9616 (hours: Mon-Fri 9 to 5 except from 12 to 1 when we take lunch)