Hey Folks

we have yet another clown on fleabay trying to scam unknowing bidders into buying poster forgey items

in this case, they are postcard-sized items purported to be from the Strand Theatre in upstate New York

The seller, Hadleyhints is a total clown and though I can't say with certainty that he is the "source" of the printings, he is the source of the ones I bought on ebay last week

his completed listings
http://www.ebay.com/csc/hadleyhints/m.html?rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_fln=1&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3911.c0.m283

I won the 4 for $1 each and lost the 5th one at $18

obviously, I was buying them to look at them and of course, if they were real it was going to be a sweet buy. But when they got here it took all of 30 seconds to see they were inkjet reproductions clearly made to deceive

here are links direct to each auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brief-Moment-lobby-card-1933-/160639805986?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566e0ea22

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Love-Before-Breakfast-lobby-card-1936-/160639805749?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566e0e935

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tonight-Ours-lobby-card-1933-/160639805567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566e0e87f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Countess-Monte-Cristo-lobby-card-1934-/160639805371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566e0e7bb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blondie-Johnson-lobby-card-1933-/160639805140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566e0e6d4

I have already sent 2 off to Grey Smith and I sent 2 to Sean for obvious reasons (so they know what's going on out there and can see for themselves) and then I'll be sending them off to Todd Spoor to send to his lab to test the paper, but rest assured, they are all absolutely forgeries and when they are returned to me, I will be posting hi-res images front +back as well as close-up detail shots.

If the person who bought the 5th one is a Forum member, you know what you just got

but it gets even worse.. the seller himself is a complete donkey!!
his shipping is listed as $6, but seeing as he said he has more (Frankenstein, Dracula, King Kong) I wanted to get my cards fast so I could examine them for authenticity (he claimed in a response to a request that they are 100% authentic) so I paid him $24 to ship via Express Mail well he only sent them by Priority Mail at $6 and so I told him I wanted my $18 overpayment refunded. Here was his response:

"The auction was for 1 card for $1 + shipping of $6 priorty shipping. You won 4 of those auctions thats $4 + the shipping cost on each auction of $6 + $24. As soon as the auction ended I sent you a invoice of the amount above and thats what you sent. I know you asked for express shipping and I did not get back to you thats my fault."

so not only should you be looking out for these forgeries, you obviously also need to be looking out for him
Of course, a Paypal claim has been filed and Negative Feedback he will get

Thanks for reading
Rich