it just gives the customer the idea that they have no recourse, when it is entirely untrue
but they don't know that, so they don't try to get a refund

At 05:44 PM 9/30/2011, Franc wrote:
I'm not sure I understood Bruce's comment. How would posting "no refunds accepted" protect the seller from PayPal? FRANC
-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Michael B
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 8:34 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Are you an eBay seller who wonders why your views and sales have g...

BUT that wouldn't apply to FRAUD

In a message dated 9/30/2011 8:21:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, brucehershen...@gmail.com writes: I have been seeing TONS of eBay auctions with "No refunds accepted" because they don't want to get screwed by PayPal.

Bruce

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Richard Halegua Comic Art <<mailto:sa...@comic-art.com>sa...@comic-art.com> wrote: one person smartly noted that his sales went down right after ebay instituted that blurb on each auction listing now announcing each seller's return policies. Obviously that means that particular blogger is not offering refunds (which may be a violation of a federal statute regarding mail order sales) and so the fact that his sales went down is reflective of what I think is poor policy - "I've got my money.. now go screw yourself"

personally, I'm shocked anyone would want such an announcement (that I don't take refunds) very obviously posted. I will admit, I'm not looking at 99% of the sellers who don't want to take refunds myself.