Yep, and crazy is the key word.
(Or "unreasonable" when George Bernard Shaw expressed the same sentiment.)
Always liked this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX9GTUMh490

On 6 Oct 2011, at 20:42, dreamfact...@hollywooddreamfactory.com wrote:

Hello Mopoers.. a few things i wanted to talk about... creativity,
selling movie stuff Sreve Jobs and My son..
ya see after arguing with my son about buying a organ I relected on
all my crazy ideas over last 30 years.... then I saw some posts about
Steve Jobs outlook and he hit it head on... really life is about
staying loving to others and thinking like a Kid and being open to
new ideas alawys.. becaise when we think its just one way or
limited,, we becaome limited. when we get stuck in negativity towards
others we have to use that same judgement with ourselves,, saying Its
impossible or cannot be done... is like saying we can not ever reach
the moon...when Edison suggested he string wire house to house in NYC
to electrifie the city they said he was Nuts...the Beatles where
rejected by Decca as a common guitar band, and on and on it goes..
many times its the most simple ideas that end up being fads like
whamo compays hula hoop.. or slinky that was a defective spring...yet
still sells yearslater.
Same with movie memorabilia.. when i asked my bank to loan me in 1977
to pen a movie memorabilia store in Toledo Ohio the banker almost
fell of his chair and im sure the watercooler jokes where flying..
for years people didnt even know in Town what movie memorabilia was
so they thoughti was a porno shop///
well same with my products... when i bought a semi truck load of
football shoulder pads in like 82 I saw them as stormtrooper armor
and so I bid 2.00
and won for the lot...before i even sold one.. I then called Lucafilm
and told them but they had just wrapped up return of the jedi. so i
had a semi load of white shoulder pads... well... then someone said
call dougwhite makeup effects lab and he bought some to use in the
movie metalstorm and a band called thor and then michael jackson for
his leg gauntlets... so i had a distributore Phil Morrie of Charlotte
and sold 12,000.00 fisrt order.. and then we sold inSTARLOG magazine
and Fangoria to society creative enactronismsand sci fi people...
all because i was crazy and took a hugh leap of thinking it could
happen..
again when i went to the bank and asked could i get financeing for a
50,000.00
order for a movie reel clock for Paramonuts addams family.. they said
how will you make 5000  clocks? I said we can do it,, they said NO
loan , so we gave paramount a deal.. they buy the parts and pay me if
i deliver my profits...they did it and we came in on time... much of
lie is overcoming adversity whether your a small time guy like me or
bigtime like Jobs its really all the same.
some just get larger deals.. some get no deals and yet they may have
the richness of having a family and love and friends wheich to me is
the treasure we all seek anyway..because if yu have stuff isnt the
best part sharing the joy with friendsor others.. I love to see when
a person is overjoyed and happy its such a thrill..Or when someone
reachs a goal....
so Today my son called we both opologized about the Organ arguement
and i said well you where right Tommy because i never want to stifle
you to remain opene mined and creative and being odd thinking is just
a sign of original thinking and ability to forcast and do the
impossible.. so you where right and im glad you got the organ...I
told him he taught me that I needed to stay fresh and open and i
learned a good lesson// so when i saw quotes from Job... he almost
said the same stuff verbatim.. it was like he inpired so many people
to THINK DIFFERENT.. both my son and i are on Imacs so we love apple
product.
Jobs was only a yearolder then me so it really hit home how short
life can be...
It also has given me a life to see anything is possible just never
give up and love as much as you can, and just as some things can
derail dreams well there are also ways to preserve dreams and inspire
many..
so my son calls me today.. he sold his 1st television commercial for
a local shop.... I thought wow many people are critical and say it
cannot happen but hes learned so much... he will be 25 soon so its
been cool watching him grow and learn new things.. he made a movie
and like many of the filmmakers he liked liek raimi, jackson, and all
those guys that made simple films , he at least finished it and
people responded well. and its practice... so now this shop wants to
sell the dvd in thier store..I think half the fun in Life is getting
to be able to do what you enjoy..doing as a fun thing... so for any
of you that have wondered  about taking risks , trying something
new... do it now as life is short and you wont take you bank account
or collection with you...
But family and memories and friends are what you think of in good
times and bad times. best wishes to all Mopo and hope that helps
someone.
this economy is really bizzzare but i think people can turn it around
with some adjustments in our attitudes and if the banks will give the
people a break.
best, Tom    God bless everyone