John's right.. I have some 40x60s that are addressed on the back to something like Murphy's Theatre, Davenport Iowa, and nothing else except some stamps

At 09:04 AM 10/28/2011, John Waldman wrote:
Boy, that's back when the postman knew right where "Coleman's store" was. No street address or zip code needed.
JW

From: allen day <aday_5...@yahoo.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] poster mailing practices from looong ago

Howdy y'all;

Time for a different kind of post, don't ya'll think?

Has anyone ever come across any poster that exhibits actual postage stamps and written addresses on the back of the poster?

I find it hard to believe that this practice was actually used with the USPS 50+ years ago.

I have 2 posters at an online auction site that exhibit addresses and stamps affixed on poster reverse:

Creature Walks Among Us 1sheet
King Kong 1 sheet

There is a pic of each example included in each auction.

Link below:

http://shop.ebay.com/charlotte5999/m.html

If the link is inoperable, pls check seller's items: charlotte5999 on eeeekbay
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at <http://www.filmfan.com/>www.filmfan.com