Von: MoPo List [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] Im Auftrag von John
Waldman
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Februar 2012 20:46
An: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Betreff: Re: [MOPO] QUESTION ABOUT THE SIZE OF SILENCE OF THE LAMBS

So are there any poster dealers on MOPO who are poster collectors?

I for one don't see it as being a negative.  In fact I think if I'm dealing
with a person that is a collector as well as a seller, there is a better
understanding between us.   They may in fact have the same tastes as I do,
and have a good understanding why I'm looking for a specific poster and why
I like it.

I've bought many posters from other collectors, and some times there is a
camaraderie that you don't always get from someone that just sells what they
consider "wares".

I also buy old cars, and you can always tell when you you are buying a car
from a person that has a real passion for old steel.  It's in your blood I
guess.

But don't get me wrong, ultimately it's about acquiring the piece.  Whether
it's from a seller/collector or a person that solely sells.

JW