too?  Ebay has certainly gone downhill over the past few years.   Totally
buyer-oriented.  The sellers end up getting  screwed,
   Rick

In a message dated 2/28/2012 12:48:20 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
fdav...@verizon.net writes:

This  release makes it sound as if it's not mandatory to have tracking #s
for
all  purchases but if you don't, you won't be able to be a "top-rated
seller"
and won't participate in Ebay's crappy seller commission discount.  You know
what. It's not worth it to me to now have to upload tracking  numbers or to
charge my overseas customers for Priority International, so  screw Ebay. I'm
going to continue as I always do.
FRANC

-----Original Message-----
From: MoPo List  [mailto:mopo-l@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU] On Behalf Of Dale
Dilts
Sent:  Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:21 PM
To:  MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: Re: [MOPO] AS OF JUNE 1st, EBAY  DEMANDS THAT ALL PACKAGES SENT
HAVE
TRACKING NUMBERS

IMPORTANT  INFO ON HERE TO MAINTAIN A SELLER DISCOUNT %, READ UP  SELLERS.

Highlights

Starting  with the June 20 evaluation cycle, to achieve and keep your
Top-rated  seller status, tracking information or a Delivery Confirmation
number must  be uploaded to eBay on at least 90% of your shipments to US
buyers within  your stated handling time. Start uploading your tracking by
May 1 to make  sure you qualify on June 20.

Starting June 1, only those  listings from Top-rated sellers that include
1-day or same day handling and  a 14-day or longer return policy with a
money-back option will qualify for  the greatest average boost in Best Match
and 20% final value fee  discount.

You can choose not to offer 1-day handling or a  14-day or longer returns
on some or all of your listings. Based on your  great track record, all your
listings will continue to receive some  additional exposure and a Top-rated
seller badge. But only your listings  with both of these services will
receive the maximum exposure and 20% final  value fee discount.

Also starting June 1, the annual  sales requirement for Top-rated status
will be lowered from $3,000 to  $1,000 to expand eligibility to more sellers
who provide great  service.

Special limited-time offer-extra 5% discount to help you get  started From
March 1 through May 31, Top-rated sellers get a bonus 5% final  value fee
discount for listings with 1-day handling and minimum 14-day  return policy
with a money-back option. Plus your usual 20% Top-rated  seller discount
will
still be applied on these and all your listings. So  start adding these
services now! Tools to help you succeed

Starting this week, you'll be able to track your progress  toward
Top-rated seller status-including the new requirement to upload  tracking on
90% of your US transactions-in your Seller  Dashboard.

By the end of April, current Top-rated sellers  will be able to easily
identify those listings that don't include 1-day  handling and a minimum
14-day return policy with a money-back option, and  then edit those listings
in bulk. This information will be available in My  eBay >Selling, Selling
Manager and Selling Manager Pro.

Starting the week of May 2, sellers will begin getting access  to
business policies, a new way to manage your own custom settings  for
shipping, payments and returns from one central location, rather  than
specifying the information separately on each listing. Using  business
policies, you can create settings that qualify your listings for  eBay
Top-rated seller discounts and apply these settings to your  listings-or to
specific group of existing listings-with just a few  clicks.

Also starting the week of May 28, Top-rated  sellers will be invited to
opt in to an easy new way to manage returns  right from My eBay. Your buyer
can initiate a return and print a prepaid  return shipping label with a
click
of a button in My eBay. When you get the  return, you can initiate a refund
and get your final value fee credited  with a single click on your end. This
new process will be available to all  Top-rated sellers by mid-summer.

Timeline for changes
Take  Action

Start now to think about how you can adapt your  business practices to
qualify for the Top-rated seller program and maximize  your benefits.

Make sure you upload  tracking information or Delivery Confirmation
on all your US transactions  within your stated handling time. eBay will
begin counting your  transactions toward the new requirement starting May 1.
One great way to  meet this requirement is to use eBay Labels-USPSR Delivery
ConfirmationT is  now free for First-Class Package service and automatically
uploaded to  eBay.

Start now to add 1-day handling time  and a minimum 14-day return
policy with money-back option to your listings  whenever possible. Remember,
from March 1 through May 31, Top-rated sellers  will get a bonus 5% final
value fee discount for listings with 1-day  handling and minimum 14-day
return policy with money-back option. Plus the  usual 20% Top-rated seller
discount will still be applied on all their  listings.

If you're an existing Top-rated seller, at the  end of April, start
checking your Selling Reminders on the My eBay All  Selling page or the new
Listing Improvement section of the Selling Manager  summary page to see
which
listings don't meet the new service standards,  and then easily edit those
listings in bulk.

If you  currently offer 3-day or 7-day returns, be sure to update your
listings to  offer at least a 14-day return policy. Also, select "Money
back"
or "Money  back or exchange" as your refund method before these options are
retired  the first week of May.

To boost your efficiency in adding  these services and managing returns,
opt in to use the new business  policies and the new way to manage returns
from My eBay as soon as they're  available to you.