The folks at Christies South Kensington have made a mistake regarding
the 2001 Starchild poster which is in their May 2nd auction this week.

As has been discussed on this forum before the StarChild poster with the
higher valuation is the one which is entirely undated and has no copyright
text along the bottom border.  To the best of my knowledge whenever these
posters have surfaced they have shown no evidence of ever having been folded.

MovieArt has one of these poster with a chip out of the border area.  Heritage
sold one in their last auction.  In the 90s one of these sold at Sothebys for an
even higher price, around $5000, as I remember.  In any event they are rare,
and it is easy to make the mistake that the very similar style overprinted with
date on the bottom is the same poster.

I have telephoned Christies about the mistake.

Kirby

Kirby McDaniel
MovieArt Original Film Posters
P.O. Box 4419