From: Adrian Cowdry [mailto:jboh...@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, May 4, 2012 04:54 PM
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Subject: [MOPO] Metropolis and all...my two penneth

Mopoers

There are some brains thinking, some tongues wagging and a lot of speculation
going on concerning what is going on with Ken Schacter and his collection.

I am viewing this from maybe a different point of view.

 have heard many stories about many people in this business...and Ken has been
the subject of some of these stories.

I will say that Ken has never done me a disfavour...if we couldn't reach a
satisfactory conclusion on a deal then we left it.

I am perhaps privy to some small amount of information bout Ken's personal
life...many of you will know that I had a long term illness a few years ago,
Ken sufered a similar fate though not personally. The circumstances put him in
a situation that not many parents would want to be - losing your partner and
having to bring your child up on your own.

The fact that bankruptcy is in progress is not a very good situation to be
in...I don't know the circumstances...actually I don't want to know. With the
experience I have had those who face bankruptcy are usually in a corner with
their back right against the wall...I also know that the US authorities require
their taxes and their pound of flesh immediately if not sooner. For Ken to be
losing his poster collection is quite unthinkable...circumstances must be quite
desperate...we all know some of the deals that Ken has put together and some of
us have heard about them with mouths watering.

Until we hear all the facts we will not know the circumstances...as for trying
to hang on to some of his posters...well I ask you all if you were in the same
predicament, if you had to face the music and owned Invisible Man, Metropolis
and more...wouldn't you try and keep one or two or hide them?

What will be a shame is that if Grey and Heritage are under instruction to sell
at a "reasonable" price the time and effort and probably money that Ken has put
in could be dashed away.

I suppose what I am getting at is those who through stones don't live in glass
houses. Whatever Ken has done and if it is biting him on the ass then he is now
having to face the consequences...I would say that I bet the majority of us on
Mopo have pretty much bought or tried to from Curlykong on ebay and we have all
at some time had a bargain or two.

As for judging someone...no Ken never looked like the guy to own a
Metropolis...Barack Obama never looked like a President to me!

Adrian
Visit the MoPo Mailing List Web Site at
 to UNSUBSCRIBE from the MoPo Mailing ListSend a message addressed to:
listserv@listserv.american.eduIn the BODY of your message type: SIGNOFF
MOPO-LThe author of this message is solely responsible for its content.