 From: Bruce Hershenson <brucehershen...@gmail.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:02:57 AM
Subject: [MOPO] I re-watched Die Hard the other day (for the first time since
1988)

I re-watched Die Hard the other day (for the first time since 1988) and I was
reminded of just how excellent a movie it was. It has a great script and great
performances by Bruce Willis and Bonnie Bedelia, but what really makes it
"work" so well is the remarkable performance by Alan Rickman as the villain
(and amazingly he had never been in a movie before!).

The producers of the James Bond and Mission Impossible type movies should
ALWAYS hire a really first-rate actor (Ben Kingsley, Geoffrey Rush, F. Murray
Abraham, Bob Hoskins, etc) to play the villain, because it adds SO MUCH to the
movie (and of course it also makes sense to find the most beautiful women in
the world, whether or not they can act at all)!

Bruce

--
Bruce Hershenson and the other 26 members of the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874