Hey, that's nothing.  Picture an 11-year-old Japanese kid peering over the top
of a 120-button, 20-pound, deluxe, top-of-the-line Rivoli accordion - being
forced to play "Beer Barrel Polka" in front of Dad's inebriated buddies in the
Navy.  It was like a scene out of a bad post-WWII movie, in color and in
Cinemascope, except I didn't have to tape my eyes to look Asian like Marlon
Brando did.  This is every kid's nightmare:  being forced to play an accordion.
 Remember the line, "people laughed when I sat down at the piano, but when I
began to play..."  Well, people laughed when I lifted this damn accordion - and
they kept laughing as the little Japanese kid played beautiful German polkas -
stuff that sounded like borderline Nazi tunes - while Dad kept staring the kid
down, giving him the menacing glare.  I couldn't make this shit up.  It really
happened.  Not funny, man, not funny. -d.