 From: Sean Linkenback <s...@platinumposters.com>
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MOPO] Sniping

Yes, we could add a sniping feature to our website and not pay them every month.
But we have opted to go with more transparency.
This way you  know your bid is with a third party company and there is no way
that we can find it out.

Sniping is also about saving our customers time.  Not everyone has the time (or
desire) to sit in front of a computer all night and fight back and forth in $2
or $5 increments.
Sniping allows you to set a bid and have it executed at the end of the auction
without having to tie your night to the computer.
We do have the capability to have time-extended auctions (we had this
programmed as an option when building the site), but will choose to save it for
a more signature-event type auction instead of weekly auctions.
At this juncture we choose not to ask our customers to tie themselves for hours
(or even minutes) to their computers to watch the end of our auctions by
necessity, but of coruse they can do so if that is how they would like to
choose to spend their time.

If a consignor would like to get the absolute most for their posters, they
should strongly consider using our fixed price listings.
Earlier this year we sold a War of the Worlds half sheet for $33,000.00 using
our fixed price feature - a price that would be difficult to replicate at
auction no matter how long the time was extended, and just this week we sold a
Mighty Joe Young poster for $2,600.00 another very strong price for our
consignor.
And with only a 10% commission, you will end up with more money of the selling
price in your pocket than any other poster seller.

www.MoviePosterExchange.com